GrassRoots Falls Festival Abstract Submissions Now Open!
INVITATION TO CONTRIBUTE
You are invited you to make a contribution to the GrassRoots Falls Festival Conference
The Conference Committee will select submitted abstracts that complement focused concurrent sessions to form a balanced program that we hope will excite and engage all those attending the conference.
All abstracts submitted before the deadline will undergo a review process. Notification of abstract acceptance into the program will be in April 2019.
The below conference themes are suggested themes only and by no means an exhaustive list. The Organising Committee also welcomes abstracts that may not fall within the set themes below.
1. RISK FACTORS
- Nutrition & Hydration
- Balance, gait and exercise
- Foot health
- Senses (vision, hearing, touch)
- Fears of Falling
- Environment and environmental design
- Using fun/laughter to teach and engage
- Health literacy
- Engagement – what works and what doesn’t?
- Sharing stories from a consumer perspective
3. SPECIAL GROUPS
- Children/babies/ maternity
- Aboriginal health
- Agricultural and workplace falls
- Disease specific
- Culturally and linguistically diverse needs
4. INJURY AND COST
5. TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION
6. HEALTHY AGING
STEPS IN THE SUBMISSION PROCESS
During the submission process, you will be asked for the below information. Please ensure you have all required items to complete your abstract submission.
- Abstract title
- Presentation type
- Authors and affiliations (presenters and organisation)
- Abstract text (presentation overview)
Abstracts may be submitted for the following presentation types:
- 15-minute Oral Presentation
- Photos or Video Montage
- Fun Factor
The Abstract Review Committee can’t guarantee that your preferred presentation format will be accepted and may offer the opportunity to present in other formats
Oral presentations will be presented during parallel sessions, articulated with the main themes of the conference. Joint presentations are encouraged. Presentations should be up to a maximum of 12 minutes with 3 minutes Q&A.
All static posters will be on display for the duration of the Conference. Printed posters should be AO size (841mm x 1189mm high) and portrait orientation or A3 in size
All poster authors will be required to register, attend the conference and be available for the Poster Presentation Session.
Photos / Video Montage Presentations
Photo/Video presentations will be displayed in the poster area on screens looped throughout the Conference, or during plenary/concurrent sessions as determine by the Conference Committee. The Conference will supply the audio visual equipment, however, it is the responsibility of the author to provide the Photo/Video montage in a format that is suitable to Conference requirements.
Falls Fun Factor
Share your message to promote falls risk management through fun, interactive learning. A 2-3 minute complete production,
- Role plays
PUBLICATION OF PRESENTATIONS
PDFs of all presentations will be published on the GrassRoots Falls Festival 2019 conference website and App during and following the conference. Photos, audio and/or video recordings made throughout the event may be made available to the registered delegates of the event. If you do not agree with the above, but wish to submit an abstract, please notify the conference managers during the abstract submission process. In addition, we would also like to invite presenters to share their tools etc via the website. An invitation for this will be sent once abstract submissions close.
31 March 2019 Abstract submission closes
22 April 2019 Presenters notified
31 July 2019 Deadline for presenter registration
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- It is a condition of acceptance of the abstract that at least the presenting author must register to attend the Conference and present the paper either orally or participate within the dedicated poster sessions. Abstracts submitted before payment of registration are eligible for an offer of acceptance but final acceptance (and publication as a conference abstract) requires full payment of registration by the deadline. All authors must attend at least the full day of their presentation.
- Submission of abstracts implies the author’s agreement to publish the abstract in all Conference publications including the website.
- Acceptance of abstracts does not imply any payment from the Conference. Authors must arrange and pay their own accommodation, travel etc. to attend the Conference.
- Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Abstract Review Committee whose decision is final.